I love having parties with my girls, so I jumped the chance when Dr. Oetker Ristorante Pizza offered to ship some yummy pizza out so my girls and I could have an opportunity to try it. And try it we did. Every single variety:
- Mozzarella: Fresh mozzarella, sun-‐ripened tomatoes, zesty pesto sauce
- Spinaci: Savory leaf spinach, mozzarella, hearty garlic sauce
- Funghi: Aromatic mushrooms, mozzarella, tomato sauce, parsley, oregano
- Quattro Formaggi: Four premium cheeses: Edam, mozzarella, Emmental, blue cheese, basil seasoning
- Vegetale: Tangy tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, chilies, sour cream sauce
- Speciale: Pepperoni, cooked ham, spicy herbs
I cut each of them up into appetizer-size mini slices (12 slices per pizza) so that everyone would be able to try each variety. I (and many of my girlfriends) had never heard of Ristorante Pizza before this event, so I didn’t know what to expect. Actually, I know what I expected – any other frozen pizza that you can get at the grocery store – cardboard with tomato sauce and some kind of “cheese product.”
But I was wrong. The pizza was delicious. It was unanimous. Everyone raved about it. And you have to know something about my friends – they’re painfully honest. So I would know if they didn’t like it. Plus, one of the ladies who was late and missed my spiel about why we were there loved the pizza and nearly lost out when someone mentioned that it was frozen pizza. “This is FROZEN pizza?” She had no idea. Every single one of them planned on buying the brand in the future. I thought it was a really quick, really tasty option for appetizers during a holiday party or an inexpensive option for dinner after a long day of holiday shopping. It’s only about $3.99! Yes, you read that right. I couldn’t believe it myself! I thought it was at least $9.99 or more!
So a little info on Ristorante by Dr. Oetker:
- It’s the #1 frozen pizza brand in Italy and have been available in the US since 2009.
- The pizza incorporates unique high quality toppings like pepperoni, cooked ham, sliced roma tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, chilies, mozzarella, Edam, Emmental and blue cheeses (that explains the amazing taste!)
- It’s newly available at Wal-Mart stores throughout Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
- Follow and like them on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
- Ristorante coupon
- Two candles
- Wine/Pizza pairing tip sheet
- 1 Firenze Wine Bag (red leather wine bag)
- 1 Metallic Frost Platter from Crate&Barrel
One winner will be chosen at random and will be announced on Friday, December 21st.
I am part of the Mom It Forward blogger network. Mom It Forward and Dr. Oekter partnered in support of this campaign. Dr. Oekter compensated me for participation in this campaign. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.