Nothing says “Hello October!” like opening the mailbox and seeing my October Julep Mavel Box just waiting to be opened and explored.
Julep is a nail polish brand that offers a monthly subscription program called Julep Maven. Here’s the deal:
- Take the style quiz
- Find out which Julep Maven brand fits your personality
- Choose your favorite brand
- Sign up for your first box for just a PENNY (Just enter code PENNY at checkout.)
- Receive your first box with $40 worth of colors and goodies picked just for you.
- Julep will email you when the next month’s colors are ready to ship and you can choose from the following:
- Do nothing and receive the next month’s selection for the brand that you chose for the 1st month.
- Check out the other Julep brand colors and pick a different brand for the second month.
- Send your box to a friend.
- Cancel and pay nothing more.
And, if you’re lucky like me, you might even get a coupon for a FREE extra polish in your first month’s box.
This is what I received from my “It Girl” October box:
- Glenda: Radiant silver metallic crackle
- Leslie: Black and silver specked shimmer
- Caroline: Darkest burgundy shimmer
- Dark orange glitter
- Black glitter
I’m not a huge fan of crackle, so I decided to try that later. Instead, I used a couple coats of Caroline on all my nails except my ring fingers which got Leslie. While the polish was still wet, I dipped the tip of each nail into the glitter pot, wich gave each nail a sparkly reverse french manicure look. You can’t see it all that well in this picture, but I think it came out pretty good.
Here’s a picture from the Julep blog that shows what the colors look like with the crackle polish.
So… have you tried Julep yet? What’s your Julep type?